From:
Richard Reineccius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 17:30:43 -0700
As an alternative to reading a words-on-paper bio on MT, the Bancroft
Library/Mark Twain Project at UC Berkeley is previewing this weekend an
exhibit in its brand new gallery. It's a work in progress, according to the
press, rushed to preview during Homecoming Weekend, before a more complete
show that will run December 1 through March 31. It is curated by MTP editor
Lin Salamo. No word on whether it will travel after the Berkeley closing.
MARK TWAIN AT PLAY
http://homecoming.berkeley.edu/everyone/tours-open-houses.cfm

SF CHRONICLE NEWS STORY on the exhibit:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/qws/ff/qr?Submit=S&term=Mark+Twain+exhibit+at+UC&Go.x=9&Go.y=12&Go=Search&st=s
I for one have never appreciated a biographical gallery show more than the
Twain exhibit put together by MTP staffer Rob Browning 14 years ago, at UC's
suburban Black Hawk Museum, so I really look forward to this one.

Richard R, San Francisco