From:
John Peter Zavez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2023 22:20:25 +0000
WEB Dubois veers a little too far to the left, for me, e.g., arguing that a "general strike" by cotton pickers was critical to defeating the South, but his tack can arguably be seen as a necessary course correction in light of all the pro-slavery "history" that emerged post bellum.  We'd have a more sophisticated understanding of our race relations/realities if Black Reconstruction in America had been administered more liberally as an antidote/anecdote to Birth of a Nation and its ilk.