From:
Margaret S Wherry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 20:42:27 -0500
To Steve Jobe:

I've been mostly lurking for a year on a listserv on history of the
Gilded Age and Progressive Era which features, among other things, a
syllabus exchange.  One title that has turned up more than once is Leon
Fink, ed. _Major Problems in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era_ (Heath,
1993).  I don't have a copy yet and have only recently glanced at the
table of contents when I found it in a library other than my own.  It
combines a good sampling of primary documents with a couple or three
interpretive essays, all organized around themes such as the frontier,
immigration, labor, etc.  I now plan to get a copy for myself.  You might
see if you can get a review copy or at least a copy of the table of
contents (which I am now kicking myself for not photocopying).  Good luck
with your course!

(and thanks again, from almost a year ago, for that calendar of James's
letters!)

       Peg Wherry
Kansas State Univ.