From:
Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2020 16:20:10 -0500
Gribben, in MARK TWAIN’S LIBRARY, notes that there was an 1881 edition
called “Alta Edition” from Philadelpha: Porter & Coates, 543 pages that was
located in the Chester Davis collection signed by Clemens (Gribben, p. 27).
It is not clear to me which translation Porter & Coates may have used. That
edition is online at

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.b000941831&view=1up&seq=8

Barb