Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:41:41 -0500
From: Michael MacBride <[log in to unmask]>
I've enjoyed the dialog and comments about the topic so far.  I don't
have a lot to add, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.  Just
looking at the two guys from a stand point of race, I think they have
an equally complex relationship with the idea of slavery and race in
general.  Plenty has been said about Twain on this topic, in this
forum and elsewhere, and a lot has been said about Lincoln
(particularly in the last five years) and his struggles with
emancipation, etc.  Could be some interesting parallels made there.

Michael MacBride
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale