Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2014 10:44:54 -0800
Folks-- This photograph (and the practice of colorization) has already been discussed on the Forum. See the Forum thread of 10 October 2013 with the Subject line "Colorizing photos from 19C: including MT," started by Hal Bush. Here is a link to that initial Forum posting:

https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1310&L=TWAIN-L&P=R1242&I=-3

The article cited in his e-mail--containing the same colorized photo of MT, at Dollis Hill--is still a functioning URL:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2446391/Amazing-Civil-War-photographs-created-colorist-bring-eras-heroes-characters-life-color-time.html

The location is verified as Dollis Hill, 1900, per a Forum posting at that time by none other than Robert Hirst of the Mark Twain Project:

https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1310&L=TWAIN-L&P=R1824&I=-3

The copyright for that photo, as it appears in the Daily Mail, is "Mads Dahl Madsen / Dynamichrome."

Hope this helps!

M. L. Christmas