Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2014 23:53:01 -0800
That does sound like a change in his attitude.      Recently I was given
the 1968 copy of Time Magazine which printed the unfinished manuscript of -
Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer- Among the Indians.  Apparently he was
determined to counter  romanticism about the Indians but finished before he
got to the inevitable worst part.  VERY hard to read from an emotional
point of view.

Some California Indians still haven't forgiven Twain for what he said about
them back in the 1860s.  Weren't we told here just recently that they
lobbied against any part of the Lake Tahoe Shoreline being named after him?

Arianne Laidlaw

--
Arianne Laidlaw A '58