From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:39:56 -0600
Bill Cosby!  great choice, IMO.

The award show from Kennedy Center was on PBS on Wednesday evening.  Really
nice job with that --Dick Gregory showed up (77, I think), and the words of
Carl Reiner, Seinfeld, Chris rock, Sinbad, and others were quite moving and
often hysterical (a word Seinfeld defined).  The taped excerpts from Cosby's
career were also terrific.

Now we can commence our annual debate about the award itself, its meaning
and purpose, etc.  My two cents, echoing from years past:  it's great that
the most prestigious prize for careers in comedy is named after MT.
Absolutely great!

--
Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Saint Louis University