From:
Thomas Quirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:25:45 -0500
Here, in a provisional way, is what we are planning at the Univ. of
Missouri-Columbia:

On March 17, 18, and 19, Ron Powers will deliver three lectures on Twain,
probably to be published as a short book later.  There will also  be an
exhibit put on by the State Historical Society, and on
Saturday, the 20th, we plan to have two lectures in the morning on the music
and architecture of Twain's time and then in the afternoon I will
chair a panel (Ron Powers, Susan Harris, Bruce Michelson, and Louis Budd) on
the topic "Mark Twain in Our Time."

This, as I say, is not set in stone yet.

Thanks for doing this.

Best, Tom