Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:25:12 -0500
As further evidence of the Twain community's interest in and support of
nonacedemics,
I point out the Mark Twain Journal's publication of articles by independent
scholars, with notes by Tom Tenney
acknowledging the work of independnt scholars.  I cannot think of a Mark
Twain Circle
gathering that did not include Twain lovers from a variety of professions,
and also
point to the number of panels discussing Twain and HF made up largely of
authors,
essayists, and even rap singers.  We're an eclectic crowd and prod of it.

wes britton
a part time affiliate
a part time independent