Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:00:32 EDT
Dang, this fershlugginer technology doth indeed exist in a vacuum.
     I'm tending to a friend who broke his foot, and am therefore not used
to his computer's quirks.
     As I'd started to say, in my opinion the Burns film (he doesn't shoot
on
video) was a  profound disappointment. I reviewed it for my newspaper at the
time, the Hartford Advocate; if I can find a way to post it on the
listserve,
I shall.
     Though I knew what Ken was trying to do — get new generations
interested
in important aspects of history — I believe he relied too much on
sentimental
received opinion.
     In my opinion, the most precise capturing of Sam's duality is Will
Vinton's "The Adventures of Mark Twain." It was done in Claymation in 1985
and
dismissed as a children's movie.
     It's not, by any means.
     Keep up the good fight.