From:
"J.Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:18:47 -0600
On Mar 4, 2008, at 9:33 PM, Barbara Schmidt wrote:

>  I have both True Williams illustrations
> of the fence online side-by-side in this feature:

Thanks for the pictures.  I plead guilty to seeing something in an
illustration that does not comport with my mental images and finding it
the least bit jarring.  Watching the hole in the toe of Pap's shoe
migrate between the right and left shoe in Benton's illustrations of
Huck Finn can distract me (It should be the left).  There are pluses
and minuses for every illustrator dictated by the preferences of each
viewer.  Learning the stories behind the work is very interesting,
though.  I appreciate your sharing you knowledge.  I hope I can find
other work on this subject accessible on the internet.
Jerry