Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:20:41 -0400
Please allow me to join in on the hosannas for the list and its champions,
especially Jocelyn, who pushed us all to stand up, and to Kevin, who
deserves a digital laurel wreath for selfless bravery.

I wish to add two comments to the discussion of the late unpleasantness.

First, we shouldn't confuse ourselves with talk about political correctness
or freedom of speech. With the risk of offending someone with my plain
language, we have been dealing with someone who repeatedly farts in
elevators and then defends the act by saying "Better out than in."  We've
chosen not to let him ride in our elevator any more.  That's all.

Second, I want to thank B.A. for his moving remembrance of Pascal Covici, a
true gentleman and scholar. It cleared the air when we all needed it.

Thanks to all.

Andy Hoffman