From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:56:42 -0500
Late Nov for the Chatto edition. It was announced in Oct but copies didn't
reach the public until maybe Nov 22, so says BAL with solid citations to
various British journals. BAL 3415 says March for the NY edition, but copies
have been found with Feb inscriptions. However, some finished copies were
ready before Christmas --Twain gave Livy a copy in the publisher's sheep
binding for Christmas, and I have vague recollection of a cloth copy
inscribed by Webster about this date which he described as the "first copy."
But the actual publication date was likely Feb.  See the MTP edition for
details of printing progress, bindery dates, deliveries, etc.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive