Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 15:02:09 -0400
Mr. Ficklen's post reminded me of the first trip to Hannibal for my wife. We
drove from SE Mo through St. Louis and chose to take 79 rather than 61. Mr.
Ficklen is right. If your timing is right you can stop off at one of the
several locks on the way and maybe even see the Delta Queen or one of her
sister boats locking through.
Also, Ron Powers' _White Town Drowsing_ makes good background reading.

Marc Koechig