From:
Tom Muzzio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:09:33 -0700
John Evans. ... I do not think your posting was inappropriate. I found it
very fascinating. I lived in China for years, and have a degree in the
Language.

True... Chinese citizens tend to come up to foreingers to practice English.
and, they  tend to know about Mark Twain. Oddly enough, I have found that
Twain is the ONLY American author they know about. That is my experience.
Not just in China...but India, The Philippines, Indonesia etc. Everybody
knows about Mark Twain.

Hope you find your guy!

Sincerely, Tom Muzzio

Territorial Enterprise