From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 21:21:09 -0500
Hi all,

I am attaching the CFP for the 'Humor in America' conference sponsored by
the American Humor Studies Association and the Mark Twain Circle of
America.  The conference will be in Chicago in July 2018.  We hope that the
conference will be of interest to all in Twain Studies.

Due to laws passed in Texas this year--followed by California's
restrictions on employee travel to Texas--we decided to move the
conference.  You can read more on that issue (and on other humor studies
news) at the AHSA newsletter website: https://towitahsa.wordpress.com  Of
specific interest to Twain scholars is the presentation of the "Charlie
Award" to Judith Yaross Lee.

We have worked to keep the conference fee low, reducing the registration
fee from our last conference.  We have also created the "Constance Rourke
Travel Fund"  for graduate students. We hope that established scholars will
consider donating money to that fund to assist graduate students. Please
check out the conference website:
https://humorinamericaconference.wordpress.com

If you have any questions, you can write Larry Howe and Tracy Wuster at:

Best,

Tracy Wuster