From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 21:29:00 -0500
Some time ago, Kent Rasmussen suggested making the MT Forum book
reviews more conveniently available, and I'm pleased to announce that
this good idea finally has been implemented.  The 28 reviews that have
appeared to date on the Mark Twain Forum are now available on a
thematically organized page by following the "Reviews" link of our web
page at the following URL:

     http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/forum/twainweb.html

A few weeks ago I asked for volunteers to convert text files to HTML,
and several people kindly volunteered.  I must thank two of them, in
particular, for their help with the reviews page: Headly Westerfield
and John W. Young.  Headly helped to establish a standard format for
the reviews and converted several files, and John politely allowed me
to assign more and more file conversions to him until all were
completed.

Needless to say, this was a mammoth task.  I know that each review
involves hours of work, and so all Forum members can be grateful to
John and Headly; thanks to them, information on all of the latest and
most important Twain publications are now handily available in one
location, and I trust that this is a resource that will be useful for
several years.

John Young also suggested a very appropriate photo for the reviews
page, and it appears there by permission of the Mark Twain Papers.

All of the work alluded to above, of course, is in addition to the
work that the reviewers themselves put into writing the reviews in the
first place.  I have the highest respect for the work the reviewers
have done, and I hope they will stop by the reviews web page to see
how their reviews look.  Should there be any errors that need to be
fixed (e.g., formatting errors, or links to an e-mail address that has
since expired, etc.), please let me know and I'll fix them right away.

Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>