From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2019 01:32:39 +0000
Italy & Palestine (not Israel) -- which also brings up the question of what country a place was when MT visited it, vs. what it is called today.

ps & additional question:  did Twain ever venture over to Slovakia/ Bratislava during his time in Vienna (it's not far, like 40 miles)??

It's been a while since I read it, but Carl Dolmetsch wrote a very good book about MT's Vienna years, called Our Famous Guest, and if I had it handy I could just check the index....

Dr. Hal Bush

Dept. of English

Saint Louis University

314-977-3616