"M. Christine Benner Dixon" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:14:26 -0400
Is there a way to send this warning to other conference presenters who may not be on this mailing list?
It looks as if they may have mined the conference materials for email addresses.

Christine

On Aug 15, 2013, at 11:29 PM, Robert E Stewart wrote:

> Today I received the following in a carefully designed  email. David
> Publishing is a bait-and-switch scam. You allow them to  edit your paper, then you
> get a big bill for their "work". Their use of English  [below] should be
> enough warning.  I checked--David Publishing is a  scamming operation. Yellow
> highlighting is in the original email   Bob Stewart
>

> This  is a journal entitled Journal of Literature and  Art Studies (ISSN
> 2159-5836) published across the United States  by David Publishing Company, EL
> MONTE, CA, USA. We are glad to know you have  submitted an abstract
> ...[goves the name]...at The Seventh International  Conference on the State of Mark
> Twain Studies. We are very interested in  your research and would like to
> publish your new paper in our  journal. If you have the idea of making our
> journal as a vehicle for your  research interests, please send us the English
> electronic version of your paper in MS word format.

M. Christine Benner Dixon