Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 06:59:07 -0400
True, the Redding house, Stormfield, burned to the ground. Another house was
rebuilt on the same site.

I am not sure about Howells having designed Stormfield; I thought it was his
son.

Your best bet for information on the place would probably be the Mark Twain
Library in Redding. Sorry I do not have information for contacting them at
hand, but the area code is 203 if you would like to call information. Same
for the Redding Historical Society.

Marc Koechig