From:
shioya koichi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:12:55 +0900
On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:43:52 -0500
[log in to unmask] san wrote:

> To get a copy of the recently "banned" Tom Sawyer play, I would suggest
> trying to contact the teacher involved.  With a little research on
> http://marktwain.about.com and the recent Forum archives, you should find
> some very willing help.

I found some good information at the website above and by checking
the Forum messages posted recently. First, I visited some webpages
related to Mesa City.

Carson Junior high school doesn't have a webpage,
but I found the snailmail address and phonenumber of the school.
http://www.mpsaz.org/main/jrlist.html
Next, I went to the website of 'The Arizona Republic'.
http://www.azcentral.com/
I got several articles related to this problem.
One of them is
WHY NOT UPDATE 'TOM SAWYER,'MAKE IT POLITICALLY CORRECT?
(Published on Wednesday, September 15, 1999).
It introduces several 'updated' characterizations of _Tom Sawyer_.
I've learned a lot.

I will try to get more information.
When I find something helpful, I will post a message about
 it.

Thank you.

Shioya, Koichi $B!J ([log in to unmask])
Robagoya-juku English School
3-27-8 Nishishiba Kanazawaku Yokohama,
Kanagawa Japan, 236-0017