From:
Matthew Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2016 10:42:39 -0500
Holiday Greetings from Elmira,

Today at www.MarkTwainStudies.org <http://www.marktwainstudie.org/> we have two posts:

A tribute to Vic Doyno, the very first Quarry Farm Fellow, written by CMTS Director Emeritus, Gretchen Sharlowe:

http://marktwainstudies.com/adieu-dear-friend-a-tribute-victor-doyno-the-first-quarry-farm-fellow/ <http://marktwainstudies.com/adieu-dear-friend-a-tribute-victor-doyno-the-first-quarry-farm-fellow/>

You can also listen to lectures Dr. Doyno gave in 1991 and 2001, linked at the bottom of Gretchen’s remembrance.

Also, I offer my humble holiday-themed “Mark Twain: Lovesick at Christmas”:

http://marktwainstudies.com/mark-twain-lovesick-at-christmas/ <http://marktwainstudies.com/mark-twain-lovesick-at-christmas/>

We have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of traffic and positive feedback the site has received in its first two months. As we move into 2017, we will continue to update it at least once a week (usually more), not only with blog posts, but with information about the upcoming Quadrennial Conference, recordings of Trouble Begins at Eight Lectures, an ever-expanding Virtual Tour of Quarry Farm, and lots more digitized materials from the Mark Twain Archive. We have other exciting projects in the offing as well!

We are always interested in hearing about things the scholarly community would like to see on the web. And, we are open to guest posts. If you’re looking for a venue to circulate some kind of Twain ephemera, publicize an event or publication, or offer Twain-related commentary on just about anything, please let us know. Posts shouldn’t be much more than 1200 words (and may be much less), but can be written for either scholarly or general audiences.

Happy Holidays from the Center for Mark Twain Studies.

- MS

Matt Seybold
Assistant Professor of American Literature & Mark Twain Studies
Elmira College
(607) 735-1957