From:
"Effgen, A. B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2012 01:27:16 +0000
I saw Kilmer perform his Twain at the Mother Church of Christian Science. I'm sure it's a work in progress, but he's playing Twain at 70 with a dose of his Doc Holiday and an abbreviated selection of the works Holbrook used for his stage act.

If you want a young Mark Twain (40 years old) I say you go one of two ways.

Zach Galafanikis, with just a mustache, wanting to play the serio-comedic role of a lifetime could do it. He's got the chops to play unusual, & Sam at a young age went for unusual.

But my money is on Nick Offerman from Parks and Recreation. He has the mustache and the deadpan delivery actually comes from a drawl he grew up with in rural Illinois, not far from Clemens Hannibal. Plus he's a trained dramatic actor.

Take that, Fredric March!

~+~+~+~+~
Mr. A. B. Effgen
Research Systems and Funding Information
Office of Sponsored Programs
Boston University
25 Buick Street
Boston, MA 02215