From:
Ben Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:13:58 -0500
Sam spoke well,  in that eloquent and Twainian quote,  for the
allegorical wisdom and literary value of the bible. That's not what
is in dispute here.   But he then also, as his punch line, said
clearly that it was full of lies.  Why try to quibble about that
last, telling point?  He said "lies," and he wasn't lying about that.
I think our discussion should be about what Twain meant by that, not
whether anyone on this list agrees with it or not.

Or my name isn't
God