From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2015 17:51:17 -0500
Cyril lived here in STL for many years and he gave his papers and archives
to my university.  There is much to be harvested from this little-known
archive; among other things are many letters from notables to Cyril.  If
you wish to view the holdings, and/or to read a biography of Cyril, you can
go here:

http://archon.slu.edu/index.php?p=collections/findingaid&id=66&q=clemens&rootcontentid=11876#id11876

by the way, Cyril had many troubles with the Twain estate (i.e. with Clara,
who once called Cyril "a very distant cousin of Mark Twain who won't keep
his distance.")  The other notable trivia fact is that he also named
Mussolini an honorary president of the International Mark Twain Society,
which Cyril founded in 1923.  Cyril was actually alive when I moved here in
1998, living i=just outside the city proper in Webster Groves; though I
never did meet him I know folks who knew him -- and described him as a very
colorful and quirky individual. . . . .

-hb

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush