Sender:
From:
Peter Salwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:05:15 -0500
Dear Forum members,

I got a call today from a journalist with an intriguing Mark Twain query:
who was (were) the tailor(s) who made Twain's white suits?

If anyone has information on this, please send it along.

More important, to all of you who have asked about the nascent Mark Twain
Circle of New York, my apologies for the long silence and yes, we are
planning a winter meeting -- in mid-February most likely.
I hope to send information on that shortly, and meanwhile, thanks for your
patience.

With best wishes,

Peter Salwen