From:
Robert Slotta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:28:19 -0500
Mark Twain's death has been greatly exaggerated. He is definitely more alive
& well than most other authors of any age.  Yes, this day should be a
national holiday!  Eventually time will help bring this to fruition.
Perhaps all you Twain enthusiasts at colleges & universities can get this
particular snowball rolling?  Perhaps even all the anti-Bush energy can be
directed towards a more positive endeavor?  Perhaps all the desire to do
something right within one's self without having to spend a penny can be
dedicated towards this same endeavor?  Let us all raise a toast to this
great genuis!

Kathy, I read your column, & enjoyed it.  But I didn't find any reference to
making his birthday a national celebration.  We would all benefit from such
a movement as you state in your Forum posting.  If your true thoughts &
feelings actually want to instigate a Mark Twain day of recognition/holiday
then please let's get our act together!!  I'll help you if this is a true
cause.  Everyone on this Forum should help you if it is/(were ever) a true
cause.

Can we get started now?  Can we work on making this one of the major
functions of the future 2005 Elmira Conference? "Can we all get along?"

Swimmin in Mississippi Mud (pie, that is, Mississippi Gold  Mark Twain
birthday pie, to be exact), 11/30pm on 11/30/2004.

Twainiac Bob