From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:46:26 -0400
Greetings!

Pardon the short notice for the Twain-Twichell walk this year -- I've been tied up for the last couple of months writing a book, this time for the Mark Twain House: a short picture book on the history of the house and its occupants.

We're planning to make the walk on Saturday, May 7; all of you who have been on it or at least tried in previous years know roughly what we do.

We gather in the Mark Twain House parking lot at 8:30 and step off at 9; make our way through Hartford and environs; picnic at Auer 4-H Farm in Bloomfield, with readings from Twain and Twichell. We lift up our weary bones again and get to the Heublein Tower area about 1 or so.

Distance eight miles, though one pedometer owner last year said nine. Who knows?

I only know the last part is steep.  Of course, we leave cars in the parking lot near the Tower so we can all get back down again without having to retrace our steps.

We have a maximum of 30 because of the road-walking that is a necessity of the early section of the walk.

Hope to see you there, and if you can bring a car to the top at 8 a.m. to help out with the drive back, we'll be forever in your debt!

All best,Steve

Steve Courtney
7 Union St.
Terryville, CT 06786