From:
Henry Sweets <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:31:40 -0500
Hal,

The edition is for what grade level?

We used the University of California Press paperback edition with our
teacher workshops. It has a lot of explanatory notes, maps, a glossary,
references and text that was deleted from the final edition. It retails in
our museum store for $18.95.

That would have my vote. There are, of course, other editions with many
different commentaries.

Trust your school year is ready to start. Are you teaching a Mark Twain
course this fall? If so, would a class visit be helpful? I have a
presentation on Huck and censorship through the years or could work
something out to meet your class.

Sorry we did not have time to chat much at Elmira. The presentations were
wonderful.

Henry

Support the Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum at no cost to you! When
shopping online, begin your search at http://www.GoodSearch.com, select
"Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum" as the recipient, and start shopping!
A small percentage of your purchase will be donated to the museum at no cost
to you!  Please share this with your friends and family, and thank you for
supporting the museum.  May Mark Twain smile upon you!

Henry Sweets, Curator
Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum
120 North Main Street
Hannibal, MO 63401