From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2015 01:03:29 -0700
Thanks for that thought about Hoboken.  It looks like easy access to the
New Jersey Central rail, that went through Newark and on to Orange.  I
still have no clear answer on how Twain and Cable transfered from the
New York and New Haven line, which terminated at what is now called the
CSX Oak Point Yard near Port Morris.  This is still on the northeast
side of the Harlem River.  I assume but have not found any information
on commuter rail service the length of Manhattan Island, all the way the
Barclay Street and what is today the World Financial Center Terminal.

All this, of course, assumes they took the New York and New Haven Line
train.  I have found digital geographic files of railway routes that can
be imported directly into Google Maps.  I'm curious to see just how much
of the Twain-Cable tour can be precisely mapped.