Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:24:22 -0800
Subject:
From:
Shelley Fisher Fishkin <[log in to unmask]>
Warren, thank you for your story—a reminder of how  responsive and generous Hal Holbrook was. If he knew a piece mattered to one particular member of his audience, he would often make sure it was included in the show. Lovely that you saw that yourself. And Wolfgang, he most certainly did tour in Germany. In September, 1960, he performed in Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg , and Berlin, and in October of that year in Bonn. He got a very warm response. The Huck Finn numbers went especially well; numbers involving religion or death, however, fell flat.																											all best, 																											Shelley