From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:19:46 -0500
I am organizing a special panel on Mad Magazine for the American Literature
Association conference in San Francisco, May 24-27, 2012. I have two papers
lined up, and can accept one or two more. So far, we have papers on the
music of Mad and on Dave Berg's satire. I am seeking proposals on any topic
related to Mad Magazine, its humor, its cultural and historical importance,
etc. Please send a proposal, a title, and your affiliation to me:

I am asking for a firm commitment to attend ALA, if our special session is
selected. I realize this call has no Mark Twain content--although I imagine
Twain would have read Mad with great pleasure.

John Bird
Winthrop University

John Bird