From:
KENT RASMUSSEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 00:37:58 -0500
In his note on "copyright battles and Mark Twain's ancestors," Larry
Marshburne uncovered an error in _Mark Twain A to Z_. The correct maiden
name of Mark Twain's maternal grandmother should be Pamelia (or Pamela or
Parmelia) Goggin. The entries on John M. Clemens and Pamela Clemens Moffett
incorrectly state that her name was Pamelia Moorman (this correct name is
given in the entry on Samuel B. Clemens). "Moorman" was the maiden name of
Pamelia Goggin's mother, Rachel Moorman, who married Stephen Goggin.

I appreciate having this inconsistency called to my attention. I expect
_Mark Twain A to Z_ to be reprinted next year, so I would like to invite
forum members to alert me to any other problems they find in the book.

Thanks,

Kent Rasmussen