Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 21:39:06 -0400
Twainians may be interested to know Howard Baezhold and Joseph
MCCullough's _The Bible According to Mark Twain_ is now on cassette
tape for users of the Library of Congress's Talking Book Program
for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.

Talking Books are cassettes that can only be played on special
machines issued to qualified disabled readers, each tape having
four tracks instead of two.  These books are loaned free of charge
through  cooperating state libraries.  Anyone interested in further
information about this program should contact their state agency
for the blind.

This is the first Mark Twain title released in some time, and also
stands out because it is the first such book since _Letters from
the Earth_ containing posthumously published material.  Once I get
my copy, I will have further information and will pass it along.

Note: if memory serves, the only Twain biography ever recorded by
the Library of Congress was Dixon Wectlar's _Sam Clemens of
Hannibal_.