From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2016 17:14:06 -0400
At this year’s American Literature Association annual conference, San Francisco, May 26-29, the Mark Twain Circle will have two social events. The first is an informal reception at Harrington’s Bar and Grill, 245 Front Street, a few blocks from the Hyatt Regency. On Friday, May 27, we will meet for drinks after the 1601 session, at 6:45 or so, paid by the Mark Twain Circle. Please join us if you are at ALA or in the area.

The second is a ten-course Chinese banquet at the R & G Lounge, an excellent Chinese restaurant located at 631 Kearney Street, about seven blocks from the hotel. We will have three tables of ten people each. Guests are welcome. Dinner at 8:00. Dinner per person costs $40, not including tax, tips, and drinks. Email John Bird at [log in to unmask] by May 23 to reserve a space. Please join us for what will be an excellent and memorable banquet. The menu (Banquet A) can be found here: http://rnglounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RG-Banquet-Menu-2016.pdf

John Bird