From:
Bob Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2019 15:28:49 -0400
The reference to the gondolier's shirt is in the first paragraph on page 98
of the McKeithan book, in the letter titled "Descent of Mount Vesuvius." The
confusion with the number might be due to the fact that it's chapter 17 of
the book, but -- according to the note at the end, it was "numbered thirteen
by Twain." It apparently ran in the Alta California on Oct. 10, 1967.

-- Bob G.