From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 10:38:42 -0500
Hello All,

I am attaching an updated CFP for the "Humor in America" Conference.  The
content and information are the same, except for the exciting news that the
Center for Mark Twain Studies has donated $500 to create the "Center for
Mark Twain Studies Award," which will go to graduate students presenting on
Mark Twain to help defer costs.  This effort continues the strong
dedication of the Center for promoting Twain scholarship and supporting
graduate students.  Thank you to Joe and Matt and the Center.

Overall, the AHSA has been working with the Mark Twain Circle and the CMTS
to support graduate students working in our fields.  For this conference,
we have two travel funds for graduate students and are hoping to be able to
support scholars who are newer in our fields, which as we all know is
crucial to continuing the work we do.

With that being said, we are looking for donations for the "Constance
Rourke Travel Fund," which will support graduate students in both humor
studies and Twain Studies.  You can donate here:
https://humorinamericaconference.wordpress.com/travel-grants/

You can also donate when (and if) you register for the conference. Please
let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Tracy Wuster
Executive Director, AHSA