From:
David H Fears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:34:22 EDT
Dear Hilton (I wonder how anyone gets named after a  hotel?)--I submit that
we may forgive Hemingway his point of view on other writers. He saw writing
as
competitive to a large degree, and did not truly  realize his contribution,
much less others in perspective. Let's give the man his opinion--his
statement
in Green Hills of Africa neither put Huck Finn on the literary map or
changed the way we look at it.

Then too, we might always benefit from separating the  man from his fiction.

David H Fears