Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Mar 2023 11:07:51 -0700
I suppose this should be directed to Kerry Driscoll, as she may be  the
go-to person for such questions.  On reading "Heretical Fictions:..." by
Berkove and Csicsila, I find in the notes section a remark that Twain
became "sympathetic toward and even admiring of Indians in the final
decades of his life."  This is only peripheral to my own efforts but has
been a long-time interest of mine.  I could never understand (read
comprehend) his disdain for these people.  After reading his admiring
comments on Australian Aboriginal people, I suspected he should have
gained a new respect for those of his own native lands but I had not
found any indications of such. Apparently there are and I would
appreciate pointers to such.

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/