From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2023 10:41:46 -0700
Thank you very much for this Washington DC color.  I thought I had a
copy of your book but couldn't find one, so I ordered a copy.  I had
referenced it in my entry for Washington DC in 1854 but failed to
include anything about transportation.  This still does not answer my
problem with Manhattan, however.  I have a large blank space on my map
of Manhattan.  Given that Twain spent a great deal of time in New York
City, I would like to address how he got around while there.

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/