From:
Beth Regish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 1994 17:39:38 EDT
There's certainly something magical about hearing Twain read aloud.  "Mark
Twain Tonight" seems to be doing well, and I would definitely vote for Hal
Holbrook again.  The courtship letters are a wonderful idea, and I would
suggest including Bryant's as well.  I would love to hear his "Adam and
Eve Diaries" read out loud.  Isn't there a CD-ROM possibility for including
voice on a text disc?  That might be an option that schools and universities
would find appealing.  Let's face it - there's always a market for Twain.
And the texts are so rich that, like Shakespeare, the language breathes
better out loud.

Keep us posted!

Beth