From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 17:11:50 -0500
The Mark Twain Forum needs a reviewer for the following book, the
first translation into colloquial German of _Adventures of Huckleberry
Finn_:

   Twain, Mark.  _Die Abenteuer des Huckleberry Finn_.  Deutsch von Wolf
   Harranth.  Hamburg: Cecilie Dressler Verlag, 1995.  Pp. 461.  Cloth.
   ISBN 3-7915-3552-8.

The novel begins thus:

   Ihr kennt mich nicht, ausser ihr habt n Buch gelesen, was >>Die
   Abenteuer des Tom Sawyer<< heisst, aber drauf kommts nicht an.  Das
   Buch hat Mr. Mark twain gemacht, und was er drin erza"hlt, ist wahr -
   mehr oder weniger.

As usual, the review must be of publishable quality, and it would be due
within two months of your receipt of the book (i.e., near the end of
February 1996).  The deadline is particularly important; if you are
inclined to procrastinate, please don't offer to review the book.

If you're interested in writing this review, please send me both your
home and institutional mailing addresses and phone numbers.  If I don't
already know you, it would be helpful for you to explain in what respect
you're qualified to write this review.  (If we haven't exchanged e-mail
recently, it might be a good idea for you to remind me of this info.)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Taylor Roberts
Coordinator, Mark Twain Forum