From:
MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2019 22:14:35 +0000
 Tim,That's fantastic news. Congratulations. Well done, and well deserved.

    On Saturday, May 25, 2019, 3:03:01 PM PDT, Tim DeRoche <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Hi folks - I've been lurking on the list for about a year now, and I've
taken quite a bit of pleasure out of the group's posts.

As some of you know, I'm the author of The Ballad of Huck & Miguel, a
modern-day retelling of AOHF set on the Los Angeles River.  Tomorrow
morning (May 26), the great show CBS Sunday Morning is running a segment
about my book and its relation to Twain's classic.  I'm very much hoping
that I did right by SLC in my interview.

While I'm here, I want to give special thanks to three folks from this
community:
- *Laura Skandera Trombley*, who gave me very early encouragement on this
project
- *Mark Dawidziak*, who gave an unknown writer a very charitable blurb for
the book
- *Kevin Mac Donnell*, who wrote a very gracious review of the book that
overlooked all of its flaws

I'm looking forward to delivering a Trouble Begins talk at Elmira in the
fall (thank you to Joe Lemak and Matt Seybold).

If anyone on this list wants a copy of the book signed by myself and my
illustrator Daniel Gonzalez, please reach out to me directly.

Thanks to all of you for all that you do in keeping the Twain legacy alive.

Tim DeRoche

And P.S.  Sorry for the late notice!  CBS only told me this morning.