JULES AUSTIN HOJNOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Feb 2016 20:47:21 +0000
Hi!
Unfortunately I have been quiet on the forum as I have a dying brother in law (bone cancer for the past 3 years), and have been trying to help out where I can with that. It's a matter of days at this point.  The cancer has gone to the bones in his neck.
VERY painful.

Anyway :)

I am most grateful that David has done so much research and writing it up so well to show us the result!
I also spent a good bit of time going to most of the same places and looking at the same materials and coming up with the same results. :)

Thank you David for going the extra mile, and it's nice to have at least 2 people returning the same results :)

Thank you to all of you :)
Jules

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Twain Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hal Bush
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Conclusion of Research on Susan Bailey's Ancestry (by David Carkeet)

Friends;  first, thanks for this, & thanks mainly to you David.

2nd: I'm a little surprised there has been no response to David's conclusions, here on the Twain Forum, which do appear definitive.  Then again, maybe it's not that surprising that nobody has responded, I suppose, given the constraints of civil behavior. (One might wonder about the currency of civility, given our odd presidential campaign season so far).

3rd:  It was a fun ride while it lasted, laced with ironies; & quite a tale, in any event.  'nuff said ... -hb

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush
Professor of English