From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 09:07:58 -0500
In September 1867, Sam saw a little picture of Olivia Langdon, sister of
18-year-old Charles Langdon, Elmira native, while on board the ship Quaker
City and "fell madly in love."   All of which is well known.

Does anyone know off the top of your head WHERE this occurred?  i.e. I seem
to recall somewhere they were supposedly anchored in one of the ports, for
some reason I'm thinking Napoli;  or Athens??  any help?

ps -- I recognize that the location, and perhaps even the incident, has
benefited from 20/20 vision retrospectively speaking ....

thanks, -hb

--
Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Professor of English