From:
Larry Marshburne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:28:56 -0800
John,

Great to hear from you!

no.  I do take exception to the idea that those who
only read _Huck Finn_ or _Tom Sawyer_ in high school
English classes don't "really know something" about
Twain.  And if a documentary, biography, or awards
show rekindles their interest, then great.

I think any wino can easily comprehend the differences
between Ripple and Merlot.  That's not why
connoisseurs (complete with their brains and
opinions)are needed and respected.

Thanks, Larry