Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2013 01:41:12 -0400
Living in Salem, I appreciate Hal's understanding of Hawthorne's humor, and
his rejection of the dour scholars who study him. One of my favorite
professors is a Miltonist, who couldn't stand the Christian ascetics who
studied him. Of course my professor is Scottish & more in tune with Robbie
Burns when it came to a drink & poetry.

Now that's a group we can hang with.

ABE