Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 10:13:40 -0400
I know that Sigmund Freud, Father of All Insecurities, wrote fairly
extensively about wit, humor, and comedy, and that he used Mark Twain as an
example. Not being all that familiar with Freud's works, I am wondering if
anyone can tell me where this may be found. While I am interested primarily
in what he had to say about Twain I also am curious about how Freud defined
wit, humor, and comedy, and whether he had anything to say about the origins
of the three, i.e., does humor come from anger, etc., etc.

Marc Koechig