From:
Rick Talbot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:47:05 -0500
Dear Twainiacs,

Yee, gawds! I have got to learn to check my junk mail more often. Barb's
book review got into that stack and boy, am I glad I found it.

Autobiography of Mark Twain: The Complete and Authoritative Edition,
Volume 2_. Edited by Benjamin Griffin and Harriet Elinor Smith and other
Editors, etc. etc. was, as usual, a delight to read, but better than that,
Barb's review of it was illuminating.

Face it, guys, slogging through "Autobiography" is tough enough even if you
are a Twainiac, but having Barb's review was like having the best-ever Cliff
Notes written AND THEN ACTUALLY GOING BACK AND READING THE BOOK! I was
halfway through my copy of Benjamin Griffin and Harriet Elinor Smith's, et
al, work when I read her review. Brilliant. No flattery here, just plain old
brilliant.

Tonight I am going to go back and start over from the beginning with this
remarkable guide to see me through those quandry-inducing sections that
puzzeled me first time around. Thanks Barb, and again thanks to Bob and Ben
and Harriet and all the others that have made Vol. 2 a reality.

As some of you know, I collect rare Mark Twain editions and vol 2 is now the
new crowned jewel in my collection. Thanks again to all,

Rick

PS
If I had had Barb to help me through thoses fragile, halcyon, early, nubile
years of college, 1968 to 1992, I could have graduated in way less time.

Rick Talbot
"Independent Mark Twain Scholar"